Earth Day 2022
It’s World Earth Day on Friday 22nd April 2022, a day to put the planet we live on in centre stage. A time to think about how we can help the planet, and how we can take responsibility for helping it to thrive. On this day we can think about a range of issues with our children, from how we use electricity and water to recycling waste or planting trees.
What will you do on Earth Day this year?
- Go on a litter pick
- Walk to school instead of driving
- Plant a tree
- Reuse your rubbish to make it into something new
- Switch off the lights…think about where you use electricity wastefully, switch off those appliances if you’re not using them
- Think about how much water you are using, could you shorten your shower by 1 minute?
- Make a poster to help others understand why we should protect the planet
If you’re looking for a way to kick start your Earth Day celebrations check out one of these downloadable STEM Challenge Packs, they include all the background info, activity guides and videos to help you explore. It’s STEM made simple!
A storySTEM story for Early Years, think about how you can reduce, reuse and recycle! Sort the rubbish, save the ocean creatures, enjoy a storySTEM story and make something new from something old!
Our growing populations use energy, lots of energy! Explore renewable and non-renewable energy in this STEM Challenge and make your own Wind Turbine.
Did you know over 8 million tonnes of plastic waste make their way into our oceans every single year? That’s a lot of plastic! In this STEM Challenge pack you’ll make and test 4 different alternatives to plastic…how do they compare?